Release Date: February 5, 2013
Category: Mystery, Romance
Setting: Victorian England
Series: Book #3 of Madam of Espionage Mysteries
Author Website: http://www.carolkcarr.com
About this series:
Carol K. Carr is fast becoming one of my favorite authors with her India Black series. I appreciate a heroine who is smart enough to know when she needs help and independent enough to do her own thing; even when it goes against convention. The Victorian time period is well represented without being white washed. Book #3 is high on my must-read-next list!
About this book:
In this book prime minister Disraeli asks India to take on a solo mission. Can she infiltrate the secret group, the Dark Legion, to unravel this mystery?
Learn about other books in this series:
Book #0.5 India Black and the Rajah’s Ruby
- Published: December 31, 2012
- Available in Kindle Edition only, this is more a novella than a full-length novel.
- This prequel involves a background story with India’s lover Philip Barrett and helps to set the stage for the India we have seen in the rest of the series.
Book #1: India Black
- Published: January 4, 2011
- Madam India Black gets drawn into the world of intrigue when an employee of the War Office dies in her establishment.
Book #2: India Black and the Widow of Windsor
- Published: October 4, 2011
- Scottish nationalists are planning to assassinate the widow Queen Victoria. India and a British spy, French, are put on the case to help protect the Queen.
- This novel travels to the Scottish highlands – a favorite setting for me – and involves some of the supernatural as the queen attempts to reach her beloved Prince Albert with a séance.