My rating: 3 of 5 stars
Category: Romance – Paranormal
Series: Book 1 of The Hollows
Setting: Future in Cincinnati, Ohio
Author Website: http://www.kimharrison.net
“What are you?” I rasped.
It smiled. “Whatever scares you.”
This quote always makes me smile because my husband has a theory about comedy that off-screen action is funnier that what you see on screen. I think the same theory applies to horror. Whatever you come up with is going to be ten times scarier than what the author could have written because it will be personally frightening for you.
When authors leave something up to the reader’s imagination they are encouraging readers to be an active participant in the story. What a wonderful gift!
Learn about other books in this series:
- Dead Witch Walking, published July 2004 (Book #1)
- The Good, the Bad, and the Undead, published January 2005 (Book #2)
- Every Which Way But Dead, published June 2005 (Book #3)
- A Fistful of Charms, published June 2006 (Book #4)
- For a Few Demons More, published March 2007 (Book #5)